Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Last Passenger

The Last Passenger



button

CUSTOMER REVIEW
review


I was not a very big fan, for several reasons:
1. I found this book to be disjunctive. The beginning was great, very engrossing, and hard to put down. But towards the middle, and especially toward the end, the storyline seems to get overly complicated. I had a hard time following along with it all. I had to re-read parts just to make sure I understood the plot. (I can't remember the last time I had to do that with a book.)
2. Some of the "surprises" I figured out ahead of time because they were kind of obvious.
3. The author does pull together a lot of storylines to weave together an ending, but I personally found the ending (which I won't reveal or even hint at!) to be unsatisfying. And some ends were left dangling.
4. The character development wasn't great.

But, despite those criticisms, the book isn't all that bad. I thought the plot was very interesting -- Nazis and ghosts and love, oh my! -- and I wanted to finish reading it. (Like, it's not a book that I think most people would abandon partway through.) So, putting aside my gripes listed above, I enjoyed the book. I'd heard someone say that this book is reminiscent of The Shining or the X-Files, and I thought those remarks are dead-on.

If you tend to like Suspense, I think you'd like this book, but probably not love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment