Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Girl Who Came Home: A Novel of the Titanic (P.S.)

The Girl Who Came Home: A Novel of the Titanic (P.S.)



button

CUSTOMER REVIEW
review


I've been drawn into the world of Titanic fascination by my Titanorak daughter who is ten. Because of her, I started reading a number of books about the history of the Titanic, all factual - until now. The Girl Who Came Home is the first historical fiction I've read on the subject, and I loved it.

Based on a true(ish) story of a group of people who emigrated from one Irish village, TGWCH brings the past to life in a vivid and absorbing way by introducing the reader to believable and engaging characters, both passengers and members of staff who were on board, and echoing the effects of that tragedy down to subsequent generations.

I highly recommend it to any reader who enjoys well-researched historical fiction, and who is caught up in Titanic centenary fever!

No comments:

Post a Comment